Friday, May 6, 2011

Will we all regret this?

Philippians 3:12 says: It's not that I've already reached the goal or have already completed the course. But I run to win that which Jesus Christ has already won for me.


It seems this verse is my life's struggle and goal. I'm pressing on daily in my walk with Christ, and that's exactly where I want to be. Pressing in, pressing for more. Pressing to find what needs to be (constantly) corrected. Those of you who know me, know I love to iron. It's true; I confess it. There is something soothing, rhythmic, and fulfilling about 'pressing' clothing. It can be addicting, and, yes, I have been known to iron even t-shirts (just ask our sons...).  Following Christ is like that - rewarding, soothing, challenging, and addicting. He is the Finisher of all things about me.


My sister, Ronna, is the writer in the family, so I'm not sure how I dare take on a blog. I'm pressing on through your encouragement - or curiosity - to blog "the Canada experience". I'm a diehard American patriot, living in Canada through no fault of my own. How could a country so close to my own be so different?! I admit I'm very surprised, which, for an information junkie like me, is saying something.


Friends will also appreciate that we have no TV, no home phone, no Canadian cell phone, and no internet - yet! My gift of administration has been slapped at every turn, but I will 'press on'. The reasons abound, but suffice it to say that Canadian businesses are in no hurry to get anything done. They're friendly enough when they tell you 'no'; I'll give them that.


So, here I sit, on Boblo Island, in a darling rented home, in the quiet. Truthfully, silence can be golden....

No comments:

Post a Comment