Thursday, August 25, 2011

the worst blogger? Probably not...

Why do we blog? I know it's not ego, because everyone I (personally) know who blogs went into it against their better judgement. What could we possibly have to say that others would find interesting? Each of us (Kathy, Robin, Melissa, etc.) started out hoping you would find our words heart-felt, inspirational, or even funny.  My hope is that we were right...

We just returned from our 1-month Lasik exam, and all is well. Michael's vision is a little better than mine - darn! Not that we're competitive around here - ahem... Is it okay to blame mine on my age? Please? Otherwise, I'll feel like I only got an A rather than an A+ - not that it matters (I'm lying).

Since we traveled over the weekend, we thought we'd throw in a quick cruise. I know... shocking, right? Seriously, though, the cruise cost less than a hotel room, and the meals were included. How can you not love food, housekeeping, and the Bahamas? Sunday, on Coco Cay, we grabbed two lounge chairs and a hammock under the palm trees. Once in the hammock, we didn't move for 2 hours. Maybe we could move there after, or if, we survive the Canadian winters...

OCC is kicking into gear here in Canada, and I continue to learn all the differences. Same project - different processes (and, by the way, that's "processes" with a long O). Coming home from an OCC meeting in Leamington last night, we passed the Canadian Trampoline Museum... ummm... Do you think I should take visitors there?

The weather is beautiful (remind me of this in February's cold), and fall is just around the corner. Fall is always lovely to me; I don't see it as a dying off at all. It's just a turning toward a restful cycle in nature before God blooms it all again. And He always does. That so encourages me... every day is new and full of its own possibilities. I pray that as God gives me those, I walk into them with obedience and excitement (remind me of this in February's cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment